Metalworking is an age-old process, going back hundreds of years. Forging is the oldest of the metal trades, and with good reason. By shaping metal using heat and compression into a die, you get a resilient and robust steel product. Using heat is not the only way steel can be forged as it can be done using a cold operation process. For industrial wheels though, the hot procedure is favored.
In the industrial setting, you need wheels that can handle a harsh environment and withstand intensive applications. Rockett Inc. has been in custom manufacturing for several decades. We can fabricate using many different types of metals. If you are looking for quality forged steel wheels, our team is ready to help you.
5 Benefits of Using Forged Steel Wheels Instead of Cast Iron
When you are looking for a virtually indestructible wheel, consider choosing forged instead of cast metal. Here are 5 benefits you can experience:
- Stronger Tensile Strength: The difference in the manufacturing process produces a much stronger metal that can handle pressures up to 64,000psi and temperatures ranging from -50 to 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Handles Heavier Loads: Cast iron has its place, but it cannot handle the same load capacity as forged steel. For example, a 6 x 3-inch steel wheel with a 1 ¼ inch axle diameter can handle up to 10,000 pounds.
- Many Different Applications Possible: This flexibility is because of their strength and capabilities, such as hot metal transfer cars, molten iron ‘torpedo’ cars, amusement parks, scenic railroads, and passenger transit.
- Easy to Weld to: Forged steel can withstand the extreme, concentrated temperatures found when welding.
- Ability to Be Customized: The metal working technique lends itself to a variety of customized fabrications. Rockett, Inc. starts with 1045 grade carbon steel to design and machine custom wheels for your needs.
Source Your Forged Steel Wheel Supply from Rockett, Inc.
Find the best, most reliable forged steel wheels for your manufacturing or industrial application when you consult with Rockett, Inc. We have been Mississippi’s leading custom fabricator for well over 65 years,.We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and offer a wide range of sizes and customizable options to give you the perfect solution to your manufacturing or industrial needs. We can also help you with custom machining and industrial powder coating.
Call 601-939-2471 or request a quote online from Rockett Inc., the leading forged steel wheel manufacturer in Mississippi.