Whether you’re manufacturing appliances or outdoor furniture, you need a finish that will be durable for years. If you’re manufacturing electrical transformer tanks or industrial enclosures, your customers expect a finish that will hold up for decades. Electrostatic powder-coat painting is specifically designed to alleviate the frustration of seeing your equipment ruined and customers complaining because of a poor finish durability or longevity.
When industrial powder coating is professionally applied by a company like Rockett Inc. you ensure your finished products are tough, scratch-resistant, good looking, and most of all well-suited to stand the test of time against the relentless forces of nature. Rockett Inc. has the powder coating facility to bring your projects to life. Our team has the expertise to take your project and make it super durable to weather and use. Benefit from higher quality and happier customers when you decide to utilize powder coating.
As the process has progressed over the years, so have the materials used. Here are the six common types:
6 Types of Industrial Powder Coating Materials
- Epoxies: Generally easy to use, comes in a variety of colors, and durable. However, you may not want an epoxy if the items being treated must withstand outdoor weather.
- Polyesters: For sensitive items, you could consider polyester as it has a low cure temperature. You can also enjoy greater flexibility and impact resistance from this material. The most significant advantage lies in the selection of colors and gloss levels to give a unique finish to your piece. You don’t want this type of coating for those items that remain outside as it doesn’t weather well.
- Super Durable Polyesters: You might consider this the Superman of the polyesters. It has incredible durability, can hold its color for several years, handle humidity, and is corrosion-resistant. It is a fantastic choice for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Epoxy-Polyester Hybrids: When you want the best of two worlds, consider a hybrid. They can be mixed in different ratios to enhance the property you prefer. If you need to have an excellent cosmetic look to your piece with some stable, functional properties, this can be a great choice.
- Fluoropolymers: The architectural market loves this coating as it withstands the weather amazingly well. To top it off, it also has gorgeous color and gloss retention. You can even get a 20-year warranty for some projects.
- Urethanes: This coating is similar to polyesters, except that they use different curing agents. When you choose this option for items like fuel tanks, you get a very smooth finish and have the advantage of good exterior durability. It can be brittle to work with.
High-Quality Industrial Powder Coating
Pick the right powder coating material when you speak with the team at Rockett, Inc. We can assist you in finding the best choice for your project’s application. We have decades of experience to ensure you get what you want. Not only can we do industrial powder coating, but as an ISO 9001 Certified company, we have the capabilities to custom machine and finish your products. One call is all it takes to get all of your manufacturing needs handled.
Call 601-939-2471 or request a quote online from Rockett Inc., Mississippi’s chosen industrial powder coating experts.