If you are thinking about painting or powder coating your industrial equipment, choosing the appropriate finish is an important decision because when left unprotected, the equipment can rust. While both painting and powder coating serve similar functions, each has unique advantages and disadvantages that you’ll want to be aware of.
For the purpose of this article, we’re going to focus on the benefits of industrial powder coating services in Mississippi and why you would choose this finish over wet paint.
What Exactly is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is a more advanced approach compared to wet paint and has fewer limitations. It’s applied as a dry powder through an electrostatic process and then cured with heat. It’s used mostly on industrial equipment constructed of metal, concrete, steel, or plastic.
There are two types of powder coating: thermosets and thermoplastics.
- Thermoset powder forms chemical bonds once cured, making it impossible to recycle. It’s ideal for high heat areas because the bonds prevent it from melting. It’s also cheaper than thermoplastic.
- Thermoplastic powder coating tends to be thicker and more durable. Because of this, it can be used on many different materials such as metal, auto parts, appliances, and industrial equipment. Also, thermoplastic finishing becomes liquid and soft when heated, making it reversible and reusable.
What are the Advantages of Powder Coating Services?
Powder coating is an excellent way to protect your industrial equipment. It’s one of the most durable coatings you can choose as it holds up well to extreme weather and physical impact. It’s also resistant to scratches, chips, and abrasions.
Here are the benefits you can expect from industrial powder coating:
- Long lifespan. Powder coating finishes can last up to 20 years, though this depends on its use, exposure to UV light, and environment.
- Environmentally friendly. Unlike other finishes, powder coating is eco-friendly, reusable, and recyclable. It can also be reshaped very easily.
- Reasonably priced. While the upfront cost of powder coating will be more than other finishing types, you will save money in the long run since it lasts longer.
- Polished look. In the end, powder coating gives a beautiful, polished look. It repels moisture, chemicals, and other elements, and it’s easy to clean.
If you are looking for industrial powder coating services in Mississippi, contact Rockett Inc. today. We have both small and large systems that can handle a variety of coatings. We monitor these systems to ensure the highest quality results possible. Find out how much it will cost to protect your industrial equipment!