General Description: Rockett Inc. Flowood, MS seeks 1st shift CNC Operator for metal fabrication. CNC equipment includes: Turret punch presses, Laser cutter, and Break press. Seeking motivated & detail-oriented individual with strong work ethic. Responsibilities include: Ability to read technical part drawings and perform accurate part inspections using tape measure and calipers. Manually setup tools and machine as specified by job setup sheets. Physical loading/unloading of raw materials, and finished parts sorting. Safe efficient operation of CNC equipment. Ability to adjustment machine/program as needed to ensure good quality results. Assist with machine troubleshooting and preventative maintenance as needed.
General Description: Rockett Inc, a leading sheet metal/structural steel fabrication company is actively looking for qualified welding personnel. Candidates should possess knowledge of welding techniques using MIG welding equipment. Seeking motivated & detail-oriented individual with strong work ethic. Responsibilities include: Reading blueprints, using welding fixtures, and doing some layout and fit-up of parts for welding. Openings now for sheet metal welding and for structural welding. This is not an entry level position; we expect candidates to be able to pass a welding test producing sound visually pleasing welds using solid and/or flux core wire. Normal first shift working hours are 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday. A comprehensive benefit package is offered including health insurance, 401K retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Candidates must pass drug screen and physical before coming to work for us.
- Set-up, operate and troubleshoot CNC lathes and mills.
- Knowledge to process components through multiple operations to complete the process.
- Proficient in cutting tooling selection and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to inspect and validate components during process to pass final inspection.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Work with team on new products and samples.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and regulations to maintain an accident-free environment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area, equipment and tools.
- Minimum 2-year technical degree in machine shop technology or 5 years CNC experience.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and inspection requirements.
- Ability to write/change G-code/CNC program.
- Basic computer skills (Windows).
- Passionate and energetic – driven to deliver results. Willingness to learn new processes.
- Continuous improvement culture – drive to improve self and company.
- Demonstrate skills in teamwork, troubleshooting and achieve goals.
- Perform task with a sense of urgency to meet or exceed target completion dates.