All industries need tools and equipment to get their jobs done, but each organization has unique needs. For example: One mine-cart company may be able to use standard wheels, while another one needs custom-designed wheels for their particular application. This can also be true for NEMA-style electrical enclosures. What do you do when an “off the shelf” item will not fulfill your needs? Turn to the experts for custom metal fabrication.
Hire the team at Rockett, Inc. for your project. Our experienced crew has extensive capabilities to meet your unique needs. We can work from your drawing, and in some cases use our own CAD designing methods for manufacturing. We rely on many decades of fabrication experience to help optimize your design for practical and cost-effective results.
3 Stages of Custom Metal Fabrication
Once you have an idea of what you want and a design drawing is created, it is time to get to the engineering and fabrication. There is a vast sea of manufacturing strategies, both common and specialized equipment, and fabrication processes. Your parts and the specific requirements of function, precision needed, application environment, budget, timeframe, and other factors will determine how your parts will be made. With custom metal fabrication; some of the common methods include (but are not limited to):
- Cutting/Punching: First, the chosen metal will likely need to be processed to the part size required using CNC and other equipment such as turret punch presses, CNC laser or plasma cutters, and saws. Saws are widely used for structural shapes. Lasers and plasmas can quickly cut the more complex sheet and plate patterns; while a turret press is well suited for hole-intensive panels. Rockett uses a wide range of metals, including mild steel, stainless, aluminum, copper, brass. Many grades, sizes, and thicknesses are kept in stock.
- Forming: Once cut, the metal may need to be formed. Break presses, plate rollers, and folding machines cold-bend material by using hydraulic force and CNC computer controls.
- Welding: There are many types of welding and joining processes that Rockett can utilize for your needs. MIG, TIG, Flux-Core, and others all have their different strengths depending on the application. Rockett offers all of these, as well as being able to meet specific AWS certifications such as D1.1 and oil-tight requirement.
- Finishing: In general, if your parts are made from steel; you will likely need to finish them in some manner for rust prevention and to extent longevity. Powder coat painting is an extremely durable industrial finish that Rockett specializes in. Our powder coating process was designed around the electrical industry’s rigorous standards for weather resistance and long-term durability. Other finish options include galvanizing and plating.
- Assembly: Finally, the finished metal parts are often assembled with hardware, etc. Fit and quality assurance checks are made, and then parts are packaged for shipment to you.
Work with the Best – Hire Rockett, Inc. for Your Next Metal Project
Choose to work with a company that has decades of experience under their belt. Not only can we custom fabricate your next metal project, we can help develop steady production systems based on your volume needs. We serve many industries like brick and ceramic, electrical PT & D, and material handling, and others. We are an ISO 9001 Certified company ready to provide you with the perfect solutions for your customized industrial needs.
Call 601-939-2471 or request a quote online from Rockett Inc., one of Mississippi’s leading custom metal fabrication shops.